TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - FYI - my first answer was completely sarcastic
People Seeking Info

Subject FYI - my first answer was completely sarcastic

Posted by ConVerTT on April 26, 2014 at 12:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 254 times.

In Reply To How often do you push your Z to that red limit? posted by YlwPrlZTT on April 25, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Message When you look at Z32s that are no longer on the road, engine wear or engine failure is not common.

After years on this site, looking at countless pics, builds, mods (good and bad), and millions of miles it is pretty obvious that these engines are damn near bulletproof.

People have modded them, tracked them and generally beat on them with few problems except the well documented oil starvation that is really unlikely to occur on the street.

In Canada we had a huge influx of RHD JDM cars. Some were nice. Many were poorly maintained wrecks in the hands of the Honda plus kiddy crowd. The first were imported in 2005 - many are finally just hitting the junkyard now - 10 years later. My point: even with zero or poor quality maintenance and irregular oil changes, the vg30 is hard to kill.

My personal experience - not driving the car kills it: Carbon builds, fuel degrades, seals dry, condensation builds, tires square ...my cars always run better after some spring maintenance and a few hard runs to blow them out.

These cars were built to be driven. The red line is there for a reason (and it is NOT what I said before). You can drive it hard, everyday.

Sorry for baiting you Grimm, Zvil, 300zxMang - I am squarely in your camp too :-)

CLOSED For The SEASON :-(

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.